Sunday, May 24, 2009

Band Concert '09

Hey, its my first post! Sooo...i'm like really tired right now Soooo...sadly i don't think i have anything interesting to say. Rrrr...OK i'll think of something!

OK got it :)

May 14th was the Stark Co. Homeschool Band's 'Spring Concert.' The band is directed by Mr John Bridges and we practice and perform at Malone University. I am in the Advanced band with around 20 others.

My favorites from this concert were (1) a beautiful arrangement of 'Be thou my Vision' (which is one of my favorite hymns), (2) 'Music from Pirates of the Carribean' (one of my favorite movie music), and (3) 'Lord or the Dance' (which i have been wanting to play on my piccolo for YEARS!). All 3 of those, along with about 5 others, went pretty well! I think it was our concert yet! so is our best song for you to listen to. "Pirates of the Carribean"



This was my last year as a student, because next year--my finish-senior-year/"collage prep" year---i'm going to have lots of homework probably, a job, and plus I know the Touring Choir is going to keep me busy. It makes me sad that I won't be around as often, cuz i have some pretty cool friends there. And i'm going to miss playing in the band. I just love playing music, its a time for me to get away from my school work, and i really like that! Haha. I've been playing flute in the band for 8 years and piccolo for 3 years, and i've learned to get lost in the music around me and i've learned to love it!

i'm going to continue to play flute in college, though (I think) my major is going to be Vocal Performance/Worship leading. i'll talk more about that later....

No comments:

Post a Comment